Experienced Residential Plumber Jobs & Careers at Scott Harrison Plumbing
Experienced Plumber Job Summary
We are looking for an organized, experienced plumber with exceptional diagnostic and problem-solving skills. In this role, you will install plumbing systems and ensure that these systems are functioning safely and effectively.
You must work quickly and efficiently to solve problems and make necessary repairs. You must also be a strong independent and collaborative worker as well as physically robust, able to handle long, demanding work hours.
Experienced Plumber Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and other technical documents to asses building needs and pipe/plumbing fixture plans
- Work with contractors to assess client needs and plan plumbing layout
- Determine materials needed for each new project; estimate time and cost
- Install, assemble, maintain, and repair pipes and plumbing fixtures
- Affix clamps, screws, brazing, soldering, welds, etc. to pipes and tubes
- Measure and modify pipes accordingly by cutting, threading, or bending pipes by using specialized tools
- Install and/or repair household appliances like dishwashers, water heaters, toilets, sinks, etc.
- Diagnose plumbing problems and work to resolve any issues
- Repair or replace damaged parts
- Locate and repair water line leaks and remove clogs
- Train new apprentices in proper plumbing techniques and practices
- Confirm pipe system is air/watertight by performing pressure tests
- Keep detailed notes and create work reports documenting projects
- Test plumbing and other installed fixtures to ensure proper functioning
- Educate clients on and install “green” fixtures like grey water systems, reduced water flow faucets, low-flush toilets, etc.
- Follow state laws and regulations and adhere to local building codes
Experienced Plumber Requirements and Qualifications
- Have at least four years of experience in plumbing and be 18 years old.
- Must have a current plumbing license through the state of California.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and have a valid driver’s license.
- Should have a vast understanding of a plumbing system design and how to decipher drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of how to obtain permits and when permits are needed.
- An understanding of IPC, UPC & NSPC plumbing codes.
- Must understand all the principles, materials, methods and all equipment that is used.
- Must understand common safety and the National Plumbing Code and Safety Orders.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.