Plumbing Apprentice Jobs & Careers at Scott Harrison Plumbing
If you are very committed in serving excellent plumbing services for Orange County and Los Angeles homes, always pushing for excellent workmanship, and share our Mission, Vission and Core Values; then join Scott Harrison’s Team!
Apprentice Plumber Job Summary
An apprentice plumber is an entry-level plumber working under the guidance of a more experienced tradesman. Apprentice plumbers perform many of the same tasks that veteran plumbers do, including installing new plumbing fixtures, unclogging plumbing systems, and repairing pipes. They may handle easier jobs on their own and act as a helper on more complex jobs. Apprentice plumbers typically work regular business hours, but some companies work on a shift basis to cover a 24-hour period. This job can take place in a range of locations, from commercial buildings and businesses to clients’ homes. Applicants well suited to becoming apprentice plumbers are well organized and detail-oriented, are able to follow instructions and clear orders, enjoy working with a range of different people each day, and have strong mechanical skills.
Plumber Apprentice Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in installing and maintaining plumbing systems.
- Read blueprints and drawings to determine exact specifications and where plumbing system will be installed.
- Determine water supply networks and waste drainage systems.
- Coordinate with project manager on installation.
- Install systems used to transport water, waste, gases, or liquids.
- Ensure legislation and policies are met and that systems are up to code.
- Ensure systems meet all standards of building codes and safety.
- Cut openings in structures in preparation for pipes.
- Select all materials needed for installation, including type and size of pipe.
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment.
- Assemble and install valves and fittings.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Install other plumbing equipment, such as sinks, tubs, toilets, water heaters, air conditioners, appliances, and trim.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle
- Observe pressure gauges to fix leaks.
- Test pipe systems and fix leaks.
- Repair and maintain water treatment equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and grade.
Shop Keeper Requirements and Qualifications
- Have at least four years of experience in plumbing and be 18 years old.
- Must have a current plumbing license through the state of California.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and have a valid driver’s license.
- Should have a vast understanding of a plumbing system design and how to decipher drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of how to obtain permits and when permits are needed.
- An understanding of IPC, UPC & NSPC plumbing codes.
- Must understand all the principles, materials, methods and all equipment that is used.
- Must understand common safety and the National Plumbing Code and Safety Orders.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.